Monday 24 January 2011

Lost and Found

Once upon a time in Scotland, it was a very, very snowy day. I skipped into my back garden with but a dress and a blanket on to take some magical, wintery photographs (this seemed to make sense to me, uh, I was being artistic). I thought nothing of the fact that, as I was taking these pictures, I happened to drop my house keys into the snow.


Now, this doesn't sound like a big deal, but when the snow is a foot deep, it is.
I consequently lost my keys. At first, I was adamant that I'd find them. I went out often, trawled through the snow; alas, to no avail. I waited for the snow to melt (this took about a month, lawd) and searched again. The ice was too thick.

Now, about two months later... we are reunited (they're a little rusty)!


Ah yes, and I took a couple of outfit photos while I was at it (wearing a little more than last time!).


Definitely loving the Gossip Girl feel to this look. The pictures didn't come out quite so sharp as I realised at the last minute that the camera was on the wrong setting! Infuriating, however not as bad as those times when you find out you have been shooting without a memory card-- been there.


Anyhoo, time to get reading up on Nationalism in the 19th Century! Wee!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

yer rilly gud lukkin...

But really, nice post Bolivia Rose.

xx

Hannah said...

Hi Olivia! The woodsy pictures were taken in the Astley Ainslie Hospital grounds. If you go there and walk right to the back there's a sort of miniature woods.

Lovely blog!

Claire Hart said...

ohhh that is the craziest story about your keys!! i used to live in scotland so i can totally imagine losing them in the snow!!!

thank you for your lovely comment on my blog too :) you are such a dear! xxx

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

So adorable. x hivennn. p.s enter my jeffrey campbell giveaway?

Unknown said...

i found my keys yesterday too!!! now our flat will have two million sets of keys :)
xxxx

Post a Comment